Governor Gavin Newsom recently signed several measures into law, providing additional protections for California employees. The measures include, but are not limited to:
- Increased risk of challenges to those classified as independent contractors
- Expanded statute of limitations for claims of discrimination, harassment, or retaliation
- Amendments to the California Consumer Privacy Act, giving consumers rights regarding personal information held by California companies
- Prohibitions against settlement agreements not permitting employees to seek reemployment with the employer
- Granting of rights to recover civil penalties for late paid wages
California employers should be familiar with all of the new measures and ensure compliance before January 1st.
Click here for more information.
About Hire Image
Hire Image, LLC is a background check company with offices in Rhode Island, Florida, Minnesota, and Washington. We are specialists in the fields of employment background checks, tenant background checks, employment background investigations and employment verification, drug screening tests, and international background checks.